Construction of industrial factories is a solution preferred by investors today. If you are in need of building an industrial factory, do not ignore the following very useful information.
1. General characteristics of a single-storey industrial house
Steel single-storey industrial houses are widely used in industrial constructions. To create the structure of the house, we can use steel or reinforced concrete materials. When using concrete columns and steel trusses, the frame structure is called a composite frame. When using all steel components, it is called an all-steel frame. All-steel frame structure is used when the building is high (clearance height H > 15m), large span (L > 24m), large column step (B > 12m), crane weighs 2 > 50t). On the other hand, due to the advantages of steel materials, steel frame structures are also used to make common industrial buildings. In the industrial house, the factor that has the greatest influence on the working of the structure is the crane. The load of the crane is a dynamic, repetitive load that easily causes the structure to be damaged due to fatigue. Therefore, when designing, it is necessary to pay attention to the operating intensity of the crane, called the working mode of the crane. When studying the classification of the factory structure, it is often classified according to the working mode of the crane in the factory. Workshops can be classified according to four working modes of cranes: workshops with cranes with light, medium, heavy and very heavy working modes.
- Houses with cranes have light working modes such as: the crane’s operating time is little, it is very rare to work with the largest shaft power (only 15% of the time of use).
- Houses with cranes with medium working modes: have the same working characteristics as houses with light duty cranes, but the use time is longer (about 20% of the time of use).
These two types of houses are usually small production workshops, mechanical workshops for assembly and repair of equipment.
- Houses with heavy duty cranes: are factories with large production lines, structural fabrication workshops, operating time and the number of times the crane is used a lot (about 40 – 60% of the time of use), often working with the largest lifting capacity.
- Houses with very heavy duty cranes: working almost continuously (more than 60% of the time of use), often working with the largest lifting capacity. For example, factories with very heavy working regimes are steel mills and metallurgical workshops. The structure of the factory has heavy duty and very heavy duty cranes that can bear large, dynamic and continuous loads, so the design must meet the requirements, especially in terms of calculated and structural loads.
Single-storey industrial building structures have diverse forms from light steel structures such as warehouses, mechanical assembly workshops to large steel mills. The span of the house can be from 30 to 60m, the column step from 12 to 48m, the height of the house can be up to 40m.
2. Basic requirements when designing a horizontal frame of a single-storey industrial house
Construction structure in general and industrial building structure in particular, when designing, must satisfy two basic requirements at the same time: requirements for use and requirements for economy.
Requirements for use are shown in the following points:
- Convenient in the installation of machinery equipment. This condition is related to the selection of mooring columns of the crane, bracing system.
- Ensure that the lifting equipment works normally. To do so, the house structure must have sufficient longitudinal and transverse stiffness.
- The construction ensures durability and longevity. This requirement depends on the impact nature of the influence load of the environment. The most impactful load on the structure is the crane load, which can lead to structural failure when in use due to fatigue. The influence of the environment is mainly the degree of aggressiveness of the environment on the surface of the structure, causing corrosion, reducing the bearing cross section. This index is measured by the corrosion rate on the surface in mm/year, depending on the degree of corrosion mild (0.1mm/year), medium (0.5mm/year), strong (greater than 0.5mm/year) with appropriate protection.
- Ensure ventilation and lighting conditions for the house. This condition is related to the selection of the span of the house, the span of the skylight and the height of the glass doors. Simultaneously with the satisfaction of appropriate requirements, the structure of industrial buildings must be economically efficient. Economic requirements depend primarily on the cost of the work, including the cost of materials, the cost of fabrication and construction. On the other hand, it is necessary to take into account the economic efficiency due to the shortening of construction time and other costs such as transportation costs, design costs.
Satisfying these factors is very complex, for example: cost of steel and fabrication, cost of construction of main works and auxiliary works. When designing, it is necessary to take into account the above factors and find the optimal solution that best satisfies those factors.
The problem of choosing materials for steel structure (reinforced concrete, composite frame) is the problem that needs to be solved first. Design solutions must be selected to save the most steel, factors that depend on specific circumstances.
Stemming from economic conditions, it is very reasonable to use steel frames for structures with very heavy working levels, houses under dynamic and continuous loads. In addition, steel frames should be selected for subsidence areas, unevenly deformed foundations, and especially areas with difficult transportation conditions. Using steel frames also brings economic benefits due to reduced erection time.
When designing, it is necessary to ensure the minimum cost of steel and fabrication in simple and normal construction conditions. This depends on how the solution is chosen and the shape of the structure. On the other hand, the shaping of the member allows to reduce many types of structure dimensions, creating the possibility of using a variety of structures.
WorldSteel is a reputable factory building company, providing quality pre-engineered steel buildings services. Besides, aesthetics and cost are also advantages of WorldSteel Group. We are the first pre-engineered steel building company in Asia to achieve IAS AC472 certificate. This is a prestigious certificate in the field of steel structures, affirming WorldSteel’s ability to reach the world. We also own strong human resources, modern steel structure factory. That’s why WorldSteel always knows how to optimize, bring your ideas and wishes into reality. Contact WorldSteel to get the best support from our top experts.