Square Tubing is used in steel frames where members experience loading in multiple directions. Steel square tubing is an excellent candidate for most processing. Steel square tubes have a non-coated, semi-smooth grey finish. Common applications include trailers, frames, shelves, and structural support
A primary member, usually horizontal, that is subjected to bending loads. There are three types:
- Endwall Columns These are found at either end of the building and are the primary support structures for the endwalls, and in some case the entire building. Depending on the width of the building, there may be several columns.
- Endwall Rafters Like the endwall columns, they are found at either end of the building providing support for the roof.
- Endwall Girts Endwall girts are placed along the endwall and bolted to the endwall columns. They provide extra support for the endwalls and are where you screw in the endwall panels.
Our trim packages give your steel building a finished, customized appearance:
- Peak Sheet/Ridge Roll: Found at the peak of the building – used to seal the joint where the two sets of roof panels meet.
- Rake Trim: Found at either end of the building – used to seal the joint where the roof meets the endwall.
- Corner Trim: Found at the corners – used to seal the endwall/sidewall joints.
- Eave Trim: If your roof panels end flush with the sidewall, you need eave trim to seal that joint.
- Gutters: On a building requiring eave trim, gutters can be used to not only seal the joint, but also to control the water off of the roof.
The most common product used to insulated our steel buildings is 3″ reinforced fiberglass insulation. We offer custom cut lengths, varying thicknesses such as 4” and 6”, and many different facings to choose from. Solarguard insulation addresses all three forms of heat transfer. It has a fiberglass core to slow heat transfer through conduction and convection, plus a highly reflective foil backer film to block radiant heat as well.
Our fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP) panels, made of polyester resin, allow for natural sunlight to help illuminate your building. Translucent panels transmit natural light affording better work conditions and potential reducing energy costs.
Our low-profile ridge vents control air flow through the building while providing a sleek, streamlined appearance with the roof. Available in many designer colors, ridge vents are an excellent way to remove heat from your building. Installed at the ridge, they allow the warm air inside a way to escape and also help manage condensation and moisture. Ridge vents come in 10′ lengths.